We hope you are safe and staying in good health. Please continue to follow the necessary guidelines keeping you and your loved ones healthy during this challenging time.
We are pleased to announce the return to full operations of our practice here in Chevy Chase. You can expect to receive the respectful and caring treatment you have always received from us in the past, but also care delivered in an environment that is fully aware of the challenges still ahead of us.
While we have always focused on providing care in a safe, sterile, and warm environment, we are taking extra measures during the Covid-19 arena to help ensure we all continue to be healthy and safe. Our friends who visit us in Chevy Chase will see first hand the extra measures we are taking to ensure safety for all.
We are requesting your help:
- Please wear a mask for the duration of your appointment. You will be asked to remove the mask only by your caregiver if necessary.
- If possible, visit us alone. Bring a companion only if absolutely necessary.
- For those of you having surgery, bring your laptop, a book, or your phone. Please feel free to bring a beverage or a snack. As a preventative measure we will not be serving coffee, tea, or cookies. Of course, we plan on implementing this part of our service to you as soon as possible!
On the day that you visit, you can expect the following extra steps to ensure safety for all:
- We take the temperature of all walking through our doors.
o Our welcoming staff utilizes a “no touch” thermometer.
- All of our office personnel will be wearing masks at all times.
o Not to worry, you may not be able to see them smile, but you will feel it!
- We have installed a Plexiglas Shield at the reception desk; it will help keep everyone safe in the waiting area.
- We have assured “social distancing” in the office. Areas have been identified for all of you once you are here to ensure this practice remains in effect.
- Extra HEPA Air filters have been set up in the office to sterilize the air we breathe. They are designed to eliminate viruses and bacteria in the air and eliminate aerosols as small as .1 microns.
Finally, if any of these statements pertain to you, please reschedule with us:
- If you have tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- If you do not feel well, and exhibit any flu-like symptoms, including a cough, fever, sneezing, runny nose, diarrhea, or difficulty breathing.
- If you have recently been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19.
- If you have been hospitalized for any reason in the last 14 days.
We look forward to a return to “normalcy.” We will continue working to ensure our patients feel confident when visiting us, and they are in a safe, caring and clean environment.